vacance de poste
|Intitulé publication:||Political Affairs Officer, P3|
|Intitulé code d’emploi:||Spécialiste des affaires politiques|
|Département / Bureau:||Centre du commerce international|
|Lieu d’affectation:||NEW YORK|
|Période de candidature:||21 septembre 2023 – 23 octobre 2023|
|No de l’appel á candidature:||23-Political Affairs-ITC-218697-R-New York (X)|
The International Trade Centre (ITC) assists micro, small and medium sized enterprises(MSMEs) in developing countries and economies in transition to take advantage of expanding trade opportunities in an increasingly complex global environment. The Strategic Planning, Performance and Governance Section (SPPG) is part of the Office of the Executive Director (OED). The section is responsible for supporting corporate performance management through planning monitoring and reporting; evaluations; assisting the ITC governance bodies; and supporting external relations. SPPG manages the ITC New York
Office, where this post is located, in close collaboration with the ITC Executive Director’s Chief of Staff.
The focus of this job is to contribute to ITC’s visibility and influence in the UN environment in New York, the strategic positioning of ITC in the global development arena, as well as partnership and resource mobilization for implementing the ITC mandate.
Under the direct supervision of the ITC Representative, New York, and the general guidance of the Chief SPPG and ITC Chief of Staff, the Liaison Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Gathers, selects and analyses information contained in communications and publications received from different sources, including the press.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of events relating to the UN, the United States' development assistance, and US-based NGOs and private sector organisations, in general, and in particular as they affect ITC.
• Keeps abreast of latest trends and developments that concern ITC’s positioning at UN HQ in New York and among US-based public and private organisations and provides inputs on issues to senior officials and colleagues in ITC and elsewhere in the UN .
• Provides technical and substantive back up in the implementation of ITC mandates.
• Maintains contacts with other sectors of the UN, other international organizations and governments on coordination, cooperation and ITC positioning matters.
• Monitors actions taken by intergovernmental groups, UN organisations, government and non-governmental organizations.
• Participates in missions to countries and supports ITC Senior Management missions within assigned area of responsibility.
• Participates in provision of secretariat services to ITC at conferences, meetings, and /or during special missions.
• Prepares meetings of ITC’s Senior Management with Senior UN staff, government and private sector representatives.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Professionalism: Ability to identify and analyze political, ethnic, racial, social and economic problems that cause civil unrest in a country or geographic area. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal
participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, international relations, international economics, law, public administration or other related.
A first-level university degree in the above subjects or closely related field in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of experience in political science, international relations, law, development management, conflict resolution or related area is required.
Experience in the UN system is desirable.
Experience in supporting a senior UN representative or a member state representative in advocacy is desirable.
Experience in working with the private sector on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives is desirable.
Experience in the area of trade and development is desirable.
For the position advertised fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language would be an asset.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by competency-based interview.
The conditions of service are governed by the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations. This is a fixed term appointment for an initial period of one (1) year.
ITC champions workforce diversity, inclusion, gender equality and gender parity and considers all qualified persons - of all genders - equally, including those with disabilities, without discrimination or prejudice of any kind. ITC also offers attractive flexible work arrangements to help promote a healthy work/life balance and to allow all staff members to express and develop their talents fully.
Applications from women and nationalities from developing and least developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.
For information on salary and entitlements, please consult the International Civil Service Commission website: http://icsc.un.org
Charte des Nations Unies
In accordance with the United Nations Staff Regulations and Rules, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity.
Candidates will not be considered for employment with ITC if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the Inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted based on the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances, and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in Inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision, or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised in Inspira will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
Aucun frais de dossier
ITC does NOT charge any fees or request money from candidates at any stage of the recruitment process, nor does it concern itself with bank account details of applicants. Requests of this nature allegedly made on behalf of ITC are fraudulent and should be disregarded.