- Published on Monday, 01 December 2014 10:12
The Executive Director of PADES has the pleasure to announce that PADES has joined the Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development administered by the World Bank in Washington, DC.
The Global Forum on Law, Justice and Development (GFLJD) is a permanent global forum that seeks to connect experts and stakeholders from around the world, and provides a mechanism for continual and efficient knowledge exchange and for the cogeneration of innovative solutions to development challenges based on efficiency, equity and justice. The GFLJD is supported by an advanced technological platform
Initiated by the World Bank in 2010, the GFLJD was lauchend in November 2011. The key objectives of the GFLJD are:
- To strengthen and promote a better understanding of the role of law and justice for a sustainable development through structured North-South and South-South dialogue.
- To better integrate legal and judicial institutions in the development process to increase development effectiveness.
- To encourage the cogeneration of innovative legal solutions to development issues.
- To support knowledge dissemination by a free access, use and sharing of legal solutions to development challenges
On 24 October 2014, PADES has signed the Letter of Endorsment that could be downloaded here : http://globalforumljd.org/partners/index.htm PADES letter is number 3 in the list of 162 GFLJD partners.
To contact the Global Forum :
c/o The World Bank 1818 H Street,
NW Washington D.C. 20433 Mail stop MC6-607
Website : www.globalforumljd.org