The headquarters of the PADES is currently on 13, Sankuru Avenue, Kintambo commune, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
The PADES was created in June 2013 in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
The African Program for Economic and Social Development ( PADES ) is an International Non Governmental Organization that support african countries to improve their people's economic and social conditions according to the international Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural rights and the African Charter on Human and People's Rights.
The PADES acts as the name suggests in two main areas: Economic and Social Development
The African Program for the Economic and Social Development (PADES) is currently active in the following projects/activities:
- Start-up phase Assessment on Health, Nutrition and Wash services in Miti-Murhesa, Katana and Kalehe Health areas, South Kivu, DRC, on behalf of World Vision, Mercy Corps and Harvest Plus for their Food Security Project (FSP/DFAP), funded by USAID(South Kivu, 2017)
- Water Kiosk in quartier Congo and Camp luka, in Kinshasa in partnership with Young Water Solution, Belgium (Kinshasa, 2017-2018)
- RENEWAL PROJECT in Côte d’Ivoire, in partnership with The Center for Water Security and Cooperation (CWSC), Washington, USA (Cote d’Ivoire, 2017-2018)
- Sensitization of commercial companies on positive masculinity and commitment to the UN Women HeForShe campaign, (Goma, January 2017);
- Popularization of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security (Goma, February 2017)
- Extension of the revised Family Code of the DRC (Goma, February 2017).
- Global Network on Law, Justice and Development, World Bank, Washington, DC(2014)
- Capacity building of vulnerable women on women's entrepreneurship in Goma-North Kivu in 2016;
- Co-organization of International Women's Day, 2016 edition(Abidjan and Goma);
- Workshop on the socio-economic and legal situation of widows and orphans(2016)
- 16-days campaign of activism on combating sexual and gender-based violence against women and girls( Goma, 2016)
- YES Program (Youth Economic and Social commitment), Kinshasa, 2015 and Abidjan, 2016
- African Development Club, Since January 2015
- Sensitization of women on medical consultation of cervical cancer and the CPN (Pre-Natal Consultation) for pregnant women in Goma ( 2013-2015);
- YESU MOBIKISI Medical Center in Kinshasa, Pompage, since July 2013
- ‘’SAKASHIMBI Project’’: tomatoes production project in Katanga, 2017
- “OBAMA (TME 419) Improved Cassava Project’’ : Cassava production and processing project in Kinshasa, since 2015
The PADES is active in six sectors which are:
- Health, Water and sanitation
- New technologies of information and communication technologies (ICTs )
- Published on Monday, 29 July 2013 18:48
In order to answer the many questions posed by users, we put at your disposal a fair containing but not limited to frequently asked questions, hoping to meet your expectations. Any time we remain open and fully prepared to answer any other questions if this list does not meet your concerns.